Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help getting current sound output preferences with applescript

Hi! First post on the forum. I've been trying to create a Keyboard Maestro macro that sets my computer up the way I like it when I'm studying with only one keystoke. One of the commands it is supposed to do is to play a certain playlist from itunes but ONLY if I am using headphones. Basically withing the Keyboard Maestro "workflow" so far I have set it up to do a "if then else". I want to run an applescript that gets the current output setting of my computer and "if the current output setting is headphones play this itunes playlist." Basically with all the contect aside, I need to fetch the current sound preferences and have the "result" be the words "headphones" or "internal speakers" or etc. So far the only scripts I can find require you to open sound preferences and check. If anyone knows how to hep I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:58 PM

There are no replies.

Need help getting current sound output preferences with applescript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.