Skip navigation

5 computer limit for iTunes.

975 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 4:48 AM by turingtest2 RSS
Jimmy in Nam Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Hi,

I've been living in Viet Nam for 15 years and in the last 12 months have had my pc die of old age, a pc at work burn out and require new motherboard or something! And then same repaired computer stolen.

Everytime i re download iTunes i'm using up my 5 computer limit, if I install it on my latest work computer it will be number 4. which only leaves me one left for when I return to live in Australia. I've sent a support email to itunes support and recieved a reply accepting that they have my question, but 2 weeks later no response. Does anyone know how to reset my 5 computer limit?

Cheers

iPhone 4, iOS 6
  • turingtest2 Level 8 Level 8 (43,860 points)
  • turingtest2 Level 8 Level 8 (43,860 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 11, 2012 4:48 AM (in response to Jimmy in Nam)

To issue the deathorise all command you need to sign to your account from iTunes running on a computer. You also can't use the feature again for a year, though I gather that sometimes the store support staff can reissue it earlier in exceptional circumstances. I would suggest you don't leave your password saved on any of your devices. That way if a device is stolen they might have access to the current content (though in practice they probably wipe for a quick sale) but they won't be able to make new purchases on your line of credit.

tt2

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.