Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5 computer limit for iTunes.

Hi,

I've been living in Viet Nam for 15 years and in the last 12 months have had my pc die of old age, a pc at work burn out and require new motherboard or something! And then same repaired computer stolen.

Everytime i re download iTunes i'm using up my 5 computer limit, if I install it on my latest work computer it will be number 4. which only leaves me one left for when I return to live in Australia. I've sent a support email to itunes support and recieved a reply accepting that they have my question, but 2 weeks later no response. Does anyone know how to reset my 5 computer limit?

Cheers

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 12:14 AM

See iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization.

tt2

3 replies

Dec 11, 2012 4:48 AM in response to Jimmy in Nam

To issue the deathorise all command you need to sign to your account from iTunes running on a computer. You also can't use the feature again for a year, though I gather that sometimes the store support staff can reissue it earlier in exceptional circumstances. I would suggest you don't leave your password saved on any of your devices. That way if a device is stolen they might have access to the current content (though in practice they probably wipe for a quick sale) but they won't be able to make new purchases on your line of credit.

tt2

5 computer limit for iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.