Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stopped working

After downloading the latest iTunes I can't open it. I get the "iTunes stopped working" message. On the odd occasion that it did open I could not access the iTunes store. The program freezes while accessing the iTunes store.

Uninstalled the software, downloaded again and installed it again to no avail. Running Windows 7 Enterprise.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 2:20 AM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2012 3:23 AM in response to AdeleSA

If iTunes opens the store as far as quick links and then stops workng, it may be this

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4555900

There was a microsoft security fixit a while ago and disabling fixes the problem. As long as you are up to date with WIndow update, the fixit is no longer needed.

It iTunes will not open at all then it is something else and you will need to give details with any error messages.

Dec 11, 2012 4:13 AM in response to AdeleSA

OK nevertheless it may be worth trying the fix in the link if your company policy allows it.

If you want to see if you have the error without trying the fix try looking in the Windows event viewer.

Immediately after an iTunes crash, type Event into the search box, you should see event viewer at the top of the list.

You want Windows logs>>Application

The event you are looking for is an "Information event"

Usually the error produces this

Fault bucket 3388129538, type 5

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: iTunes.exe

P2: 11.0.0.163

P3: 50b71fed

P4: StackHash_14f3

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: 74e3c9f1

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000008

P10:

The stackhash-14f3 is what people usually see otherwise you may have another issue.

iTunes stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.