Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant won't do verification

I have read the migration assistant tips and tricks, and questions on this matter and I cannot find an answer, please help.

This is my first apple computer (MBP Retina) and I want to migrate email, calendar etc from my Windows 7 desktop PC.

I installed Windows Migration Assistant (WMA) on the PC.

I connected an ethernet cable directly from the PC ethernet port to the MBP thunderbolt port.

I started the migration assistant software on both computers. On the MBP I select 'Migrate from PC to Mac'.

The MBP recognises the PC by name, so I click on the displayed name and 'Continue'.

The MBP throws up a 6-digit verification number and tells me to verify it on the PC.

BUT.... the PC WMA software never displays the verification number. I can wait for hours. The migration assistant will not proceed without the verification number appearing on the PC.

I have restarted both computers and the same thing happens.

Please help me.

If there is no solution, what is the 'unassisted' way to migrate from PC (Office 2010) to Mac?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 3:37 AM

There are no replies.

Migration Assistant won't do verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.