Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I started to set up new ipad, I accidentally selected portuguese although I want the ticked default english that showed on first screen. Localisation screen came up (in portuguese) but don't want to continue in portuguese. How to start over? Helpese.. Pl

Started set up on ipad. When I went to second screen, showing list of more language preferences I accidentally touched portuguese and this must have replaced the default, ticked, English option. Next screen, localisation, came up (in Portuguese) but I don't want to proceed in this language. how can I start over again. The ipad therefore is not set up with normal screen of apps etc. therefore I cannot change language back using this screen.

I also tried to Restore my Ipad to factory settings via itunes. You must update to latest version of Ipad software as part of this. The download is about 1 GB and takes 3 hours. Unfortunately when I try this on my PC it installs half the download then drops it - I have tried 3 times and it drops it after an hour and a half each time. I am hoping therefore there might be some simple way of setting up ipad that does not involve 'Restore and Update'. Very frustrated. Please help. Stuck.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:22 AM

2 replies

I started to set up new ipad, I accidentally selected portuguese although I want the ticked default english that showed on first screen. Localisation screen came up (in portuguese) but don't want to continue in portuguese. How to start over? Helpese.. Pl

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.