Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"not enough space" while 1GB still free with the new itunes

since I'va updated my itunes on mac OS X Lion, I haven't been able to sync my 32 GB ipod touch while itunes says it has still more than 1GB free, whenever I'm tying to sync, it actually says to me that i need 17,5 GB more to hold ALL my library which is getting annoying. So I read the support here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1503 but none of the solutions worked. Any ideas how can I resolve the issue ?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:55 AM

10 replies

Dec 12, 2012 2:24 PM in response to AMIANTE

I have the exact problem with my iPhone! I have "sync only checked songs and videos" selected in my iPhone options in iTunes, and based on what I have checked in my library, the status bar in iTunes shows that I have about a gig of free space. When I try to sync it starts, then says there's an additional 19 gigs needed for the rest of my library to fit.

This is really annoying.

Mar 17, 2013 3:08 PM in response to AMIANTE

Me too! I got my wife's iPhone 5 32GB replaced today, backed it up before we went. Now we got a brand new one, and when I try to restore from the backup, it tells me there is not enough free space! I can't believe it! Now she has no pictures or anything on her phone! I'm TICKED!

The "unclick everything" suggestion doesn't work, so stop suggesting it. It must be a bug in iOS 6.1.2

APPLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW.

Jul 19, 2014 8:44 PM in response to santeezi03

I note that the last post on this string was 18 Mar 13. Did somebody post a fix?

I have this issue with my iPod 5 using iTunes 11.2.2.3. I have unticked everything (I have only music, no videos, photos, etc), and it still says that there is 3282 songs in the iPod taking up 19.13 GB. When I go the music tab, there are only two songs listed (I don't know why there should be any listed, as everything unticked) totalling 13 MB. How do I clear my iPod of all these 3282 "ghost songs" and sync only what I tick?

"not enough space" while 1GB still free with the new itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.