Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting your calendar display on Monday?

Don't know if this is an iOS5 issue as I have an original iPad or I'm just missing the pref setting.

My iPad calendar starts on Sunday.

Can I set it to start on Monday?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 30" Display, 22" Cinema Display

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:44 AM

8 replies

Dec 11, 2012 7:11 AM in response to j0hnerz

What an odd missing easy setting in the US cal formatting. How cool you found a workaround via switching to the UK region format. Obscure but cool :)

Do you know if there are any things by usurping the UK format that we don't get if using the US region format?

Like do certain UK holidays like I think Boxer Day is a big UK day, that will now show on my cal? Or worse, days pertinent to US but not UK won't show on my cal when using UK format?

Thanks very much.

Steven

Dec 11, 2012 7:17 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

Holidays do not automatically appear on in the Calendar app - you have to subscribe to a holday Clandar via the app or a synched calendar - so that shouldn't be an issue.However, changing the region format will impact things like currency and pnone number formats and may effect other apps. Would best to experiment a bit and ensure it doesn't impact things you don't want it to

Dec 11, 2012 7:19 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

You did read the entire post did you not? Dollars will now be converted to pounds on your iPad, phone numbers will appears in the UK format. Is that what you really want?

You screw up the U.S. settings for phones numbers and currency if you switch region formats. Give it a try. Look at your contacts after you switch to the UK format. Your keyboard will have pound signs instead of dollar signs .....

Dec 11, 2012 8:01 AM in response to Demo

Nope. I stopped reading and jumped as soon as I saw the UK format would allow me to have my weekend Sat & Sun side by side on the left of the month cal view.

Then I discovered the £ default but hadn't considered how my contacts would change.

So alas... It's back to US format.

I wonder why Apple gave us the ability to start iCal on Mon on or Macs, but not on Calendar on mobile devices for the US.

Feedback here I come...

Thanks Demo.

Mar 9, 2013 8:29 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

This may be known to everyone by now, but I too was stymied by this issue of trying to get a calendar to start on Monday

I did see this post on another forum, and am using it.

I hope this helps others (and does not cause more confusion)!

Best,

Viraj

"

I've found that selecting the Barbados Region Format has the proper effect. It changes the start of the week to Monday, but leaves the other format settings alone (as compared to the United States Region Format).

Starting your calendar display on Monday?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.