Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone recommend cloud storage that I can use with my AppleTV?

I'm looking to get 2TB for my music and films can anyone recommend one that I can use with my AppleTV? Preferably with cloud too.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:49 AM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2012 9:41 AM in response to Neilroy Gunn

no

the only place your appletv can access anything from is

1. a real computer running itunes (the real computers itunes lib could be on a NAS or ext hd or whatever though)

2. apples iCloud if you pay for music match

on the side note a wd my book live is not cloud for something to be cloud it have to be on the internet storage you access over your local network is just called shared storage or NAS as in network attached storage

Dec 12, 2012 8:05 AM in response to Neilroy Gunn

I'm having the same problem. I hate having to keep my laptop on when I'm using apple tv.

What if you get the Apple 2T Time Capsule? It's description says:

You can rest assured that Time Capsule works with other certified 802.11n devices. And it’s compatible with Mac computers and PCs that use 802.11a, b, or g technologies, as well as wireless devices such as iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Apple TV.

Anyone know?

Dec 12, 2012 8:47 AM in response to Neilroy Gunn

Thanks Rudegar

Apparently there is a way of doing it using the WD live book (which i know is not technoically cloud but that is what WD refer to it as). As you have said it can stream from iTunes, but if you store your movie file on your network drive and point iTunes at it, it will work. Apparently itseasy, file / add file to library - then navigate to the folder location via the file path.

I'll be trying this as soon as a test unit gets here and I'll update you.

Can anyone recommend cloud storage that I can use with my AppleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.