Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to dowNload whatsapp on iPhone 3G

How do I download whatsapp on my apple iPhone 3G .. While downloading it says requires min iOS 4.3

But thanks to apple 3G cannot be upgraded to 4.3

What shud be done???

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 8:30 AM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2012 9:15 AM in response to AnchitHatesApple

Sorry, but unless you previously downloaded Whatsapp in a version that supported older versions of iOS and still have a backup copy of the app file, there's nothing you can do (short of buying a newer iPhone). Your iPhone 3G will not run any version of iOS newer than 4.2.1, which means that the current version of Whatsapp cannot be run on your iPhone.

Regards.

Jan 29, 2013 3:53 AM in response to AnchitHatesApple

I will not buy a new one , this is not fair , I have one so why I need to buy a new one , that is what they do to take our money , in this case I will buy samsung just to stop them from using this bad way to take my money or I will not use it anymore , it is very bad way to force us buy new one , this company will lose their name if they keep using such things like this

How to dowNload whatsapp on iPhone 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.