Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my Library / Application Support?

My home directory does not have a Library Folder. My Harddrive does - and it has Application Support, but not my home directory. Should it be there? I kinda recall that previous versions of OS did.

The reason I ask is because I am trying to delete a Microsoft Word Template. From MS Office forums the answer is to:

Open a new window in the Finder and select Go menu --> Home to go to your home folder. Then proceed to look in Library/Application Support/Microsoft/User Templates/My Templates...

So altho hard drive has a library, it doesn't have the path listed above.

Thanks for any help -

MacBook Pro, Beautiful 17" machine

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:08 AM

It's simply invisible. This will make it permanently visible:

Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

2 replies

Dec 11, 2012 10:07 AM in response to smidi

OS X Mountain Lion and Lion have got the Library folder hidden. To show it, hold Option key and select Go > Library, or open Terminal and type:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

To go to the folder you've mentioned, select Go > Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/User Templates/My Templates

Where is my Library / Application Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.