Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete just one page in Pages 4.3

Hello I am having an issue with trying to delete just one page out of the 47 pages that I have created.

If I try to delete page 12 it will delete 12-47 instead of just page 12.

I also cant seem to move or adjust the yellow box in thumnails in order to select just one page. It has them all selected.

Another issue is when i try to delete a large text box, which i created to make a frame on my page. It will also delete all the pages after it. So its making it very difficut to make any changes.

I have searched through many forums and havent had any luck by using their methods.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), not sure which version of mountain

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:39 PM

The KEY FACTOR is that you need to be in page layout mode. So highlight (yellow box) the section that contains the page you want to delete then go to -

File

Convert to Page layout

Confirm

Select the page you want to delete

Edit > Delete

BINGO.

It took me almost a year to figure this out. Apple - Do something about this!!! This is not intuitive. Very bad thought process on your part!!!!!! And I am a hard core fan of Apple.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 1:39 PM in response to EmilyRoseRiggs

The KEY FACTOR is that you need to be in page layout mode. So highlight (yellow box) the section that contains the page you want to delete then go to -

File

Convert to Page layout

Confirm

Select the page you want to delete

Edit > Delete

BINGO.

It took me almost a year to figure this out. Apple - Do something about this!!! This is not intuitive. Very bad thought process on your part!!!!!! And I am a hard core fan of Apple.

Dec 11, 2012 10:33 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

That still doesnt let me delete a page. It just adds another blank page to the bottom.

Im wanting to delete just one page and still keep all my other pages and not create anymore.

I'm making a catalogue. And i want to get rid of page 29. I dont want to just leave it as a blank page with no content, so i'm trying to delete it.

I dont want a blank page to show up in my catalogue. And I dont want blank pages at the end of my catalogue.

Dec 11, 2012 1:27 PM in response to Jeff Shenk

I cant add a section to just one of the pages. Because all 37 pages are in one section.

It doesnt allow me to even add a section break to page 12 or 15 or any of them. I can only add a section break to the bottom after page 37.

So i have to create everything all over again and create a section beak for every single page I create instead of allowing it to create a new page for me.

When I was creating my catalog it would just keep adding pages so i didnt think i needed to add a section break after each one.

So now i cant go back and create breaks.

We tried all that.

Dec 11, 2012 4:09 PM in response to EmilyRoseRiggs

Forget about the page thumbnails.

Let's say that page 12 is in the middle of a section and you want to delete it.

On page 12, in the actual document, not the thumbnails, click somewhere in the first line of text so that the cursor appears. Use the left arrow key to move the cursor until it is just before the first letter on the line. Now, from the Insert menu, insert a Section Break (not a section).

On page 13, do the same thing; i.e. insert a Section Break before the first character.

Now you can go to the thumbnails, click on the Page 12 thumbnail and it will be a section all by itself. Click the Delete key.

(I am sort of assuming that there are no invisible characters before the first one that you see, but if there are, you obviously have to get before them too.)

Dec 11, 2012 10:34 AM in response to EmilyRoseRiggs

In the search box under Pages Help, type in “delete,” and choose Deleting Pages from the Help topics section. The following is the relevant passage, since it appears that pages 12 - 47 are in a single section, and won't allow you to delete a single page.

To remove a page without deleting other pages in its section, delete all the text and objects on the page.

Dec 11, 2012 11:46 AM in response to EmilyRoseRiggs

Here is my experience. I have a seven page document that is all one section. After enabling page thumbnails, I chose the page to delete, and then selected all text on that specific page. A backspace removed only that text, and the content on the next page flowed up to fill the page vacancy. Now there were only six thumbnails.

This correlates well with the quoted passage from the Pages Help that I sent earlier.

how to delete just one page in Pages 4.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.