Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Camera Roll photos to computer

Hello,

I've read all the iPhone manuals and searched online for this answer, I've tried the suggestions but I still need help.

• I want to take the photos off my iPhone Camera Roll and save them to my computer.
  • I've backed up my iPhone to make sure the photos are saved, but I don't know where om my computer they saved to.
  • I also have Voice Memos that I'd like to save. I want them backed up on my computer but I also want to keep them on my iPhone.
  • My iPhone was originally synced with my computer at home but I now want to sync it with my computer at work. It's asking me to delete everything off my phone so it can sync with the other computer, but I don't want it to erase everything I have, I want to keep some things on my phone. Will it just erase my settings and not my content?
  • Is there a way to "share syncing" on multiple computers using my same Apple ID/iTunes account? I like to bounce back and forth between computers syncing but it is always a hassle doing this. Can't my iPhone files and setting between both computers be shared from iCloud so I can sync back and forth between both my home and work computer?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:28 AM

12 replies

Dec 11, 2012 10:51 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the quick response! I'm unfortunately still having some issues.

My computer at work is Windows XP (the computer I want to now sync with my iPhone). My computer at home is Windows 7. The "Scanner and Camera Wizard" does not pop up. I tried then to "enable the behavior" and followed the steps (see below) but my Control Panel does not have a "Printers and Other Hardware" icon nor a "Scanners and Cameras" icon. It only has a similiar one of "Printers and Faxes" and does not display anything regarding Apple iPhone that I'm looking for. I don't know what to do next.

1. Connect your device to the computer.
  2. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
  3. In Control Panel, open Printers and Other Hardware (if the Control Panel is in Classic View, skip to the next step).
  4. Open Scanners and Cameras.
  5. In the Scanners and Cameras window, right-click on the Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and choose Properties.
  6. Click the Events tab.
  7. On the Select an event pop-up menu, choose Camera Connected and then select "Take no action" in the Actions area.

Dec 11, 2012 2:19 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

On an XP computer, you need to go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, then you should find the scanner and camera wizard. Start that and it should recognize the phone.Once it recognizes the phone you should be able to tell it to import the pictures. Having scanner and camera wizard popup is part of auto play. I'm trying to remember, or at least find a resource that talks about auto play on an XP computer.

Also, when there are photos in the Camera Roll, if you click on My Computer, it should show the iPhone as a drive/device on the screen. From there, you can right-click on it, select Properties, and configure autoplay for Pictures. It should allow you to select Scanner and Camera Wizard as the default action when the phone is plugged in and it has pictures on it.

Dec 14, 2012 8:27 AM in response to Ecco0306

Thank you all for your help. I tried everything that you mentioned, but the problem I have is that I have no "Scanner and Camera Wizard" on my computer anywhere. I've looked on all pull-down menus, searched all links, did a search on my computer and nothing has come up. I've searched other forums for help and none of their suggestions have worked either. I've tried installing the wizard and entering the .exe program in "run" and to no avail. I don't know how it got deleted. I've tried everything, I don't know what the next step would be now, as there are some other people that have had the same issue as I'm having now.

Apr 23, 2015 8:46 PM in response to Ecco0306

You can read this article:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

FonePaw iOS Transfer is customized for you. It can add new photos, import or export photos from iPhone to computer. What's more, you can use it to find and merge duplicate contents. Free download this terrific software and give it a shot.

Right now it supports the newest iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2 and iPod touch 5.

How to Camera Roll photos to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.