Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Alert Fails To Run Script

Hi!

I have an iCal alert that is set up to execute an AppleScript I wrote. The script is nothing special -- it archives some Mail messages. I have had this daily alert for a couple of years now, but with a recent OS update, the alerts fail to run. I get the following error in my logs:

Application App:"Archive Inbox" [ 0x0/0x54df4da] @ 0x0x7ff87263e8e0 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x503c037:, ASN:0x0-0x1001:) ), so denying.

I don't understand this, as I personally wrote the script, it was not downloaded from the internet. Further, my Gatekeeper is disabled:

~$ sudo spctl --status

assessments disabled

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

-Armen

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 1:07 PM

Maybe this will help. If you monitor the "More Like This" box, other solved threads appear. Opening them usually displays other threads.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4166356

3 replies

iCal Alert Fails To Run Script

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.