Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't connect to LTE after being connected to WiFi

I have an iPhone 5 and have noticed that if I've been connected via WiFi for a period of time and then leave the WiFi location my connection will not switch over to LTE or 4G and I basically have no connection. I then have to shut the phone completely off and then turn it back on for it to connect to LTE or 4G. Is there a fix for this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 1:08 PM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2012 5:36 PM in response to wbfour

I am having this same issue, only mine will default to 3G instead of no connection. Anytime my phone has been connected to wifi for more than a few minutes, it inevitably defaults to 3G instead of lte. I have tried putting it into airplane mode, toggling the cellular data and lte data options and the only thing that brings back lte is to restart the phone. I tried doing a network reset as well with no positive results. My girlfriend's phone is having the exact same issues. We both have Verizon 16GB iPhones.

iPhone won't connect to LTE after being connected to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.