Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 crossfade not working

i noticed today that crossfade is not working on itunes 11. i turned it off and on, relaunching the app and it still won't work. what could cause this? thanks in advance for your help.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 1:18 PM

31 replies

Oct 8, 2017 4:12 PM in response to filipsrxt

How INSANE and poorly designed!

A ton of my bands have seamless transitions between songs,

but iTunes gapless playback doesn't work. There's always a blip of silence between songs, and then, crossfade doesn't work on consecutive tracks of the same album!??

THAT IS SO INSANELY STUPID.

APPLE CANNOT get anything right. I wish I could revert to one of the first versions of iTunes with crossfade. The simplest things are broken now.

Dec 9, 2017 12:36 PM in response to filipsrxt

It took me all day to figure out a solution to this problem and I am super excited that I found a work around. I hope this helps others that may have the same problem. I only DJ a few events a year so I didn't want to invest a bunch of time and money into DJ software and equipment. iTunes had worked just fine in the past for me but the last thing I want to do is to be the center of attention at a Christmas party and not have your songs transition fairly smoothly. After researching all the complaints about the crossfader no longer working and without having any hope that apple would fix the glitch, I had to find another solution. I searched around the app store and toyed around with different DJ apps but they were all clumsy and didn't quite do what I wanted them to do, especially integrate with my existing iTunes playlist that took me so long to put together. Bite the bullet and pay the $50 for an app called DJ Pro. It fully integrates with iTunes and does all the fancy DJ stuff that I'll probably never use. It does everything iTunes does and then some. You can even set it to autoplay and walk away from the computer........BUT HERE IS THE KICKER THAT I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT. It also integrates with Spotify. Do you know what that means for a DJ? It means that you can literally pull up a request, ANY REQUESTS, EVEN IF YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE SONG OR ARTIST IN SECONDS. The worst part of DJing is not being able to honor a request. Sure, you can clumsily, pull up a song on you tube on your phone but I'd rather have instant access to 20 millions songs and avoid the risk of playing a youtube commercial. WooHoo. Did I say I was excited? Thank you apple for screwing up iTunes playback feature, I never would have found this app otherwise. PS iTunes was absolutely perfect 10 years. If it wasn't broke, why did you fix it?

Jan 3, 2013 6:33 PM in response to TommyVaughan

Update:

My assessment was not quite accurate. It seems that the crossfade does work when all of the songs are checked that you want to crossfade BEFORE playback. Any attempt to change the checks is ignored by iTunes. This is annoying. Apple should fix this issue. I'm not liking the new iTunes ui either. It took way too long to figure it out and when I did, I wanted the old version back. Too bad...once you upgrade to version 11, it changes your library file and the older version won't recognize it. Does Apple not beta test their software?

iTunes 11 crossfade not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.