Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal sudden extreme lag and eating up all memory in week mode

This was intented to be a question but I found out the answer by the time I finished writing it so if someone out there gets the same problem, I hope this can help them.

I use iStudiez for all my school stuff so I didn't use iCal a lot recently. However, when opening it today, everytime I tried changing weeks in week mode, iCal would lag badly and stop responding for several seconds, eating all the available RAM in the process. I tried to force quit, but the problem reappeared every time.

Turns out iCal doesn't seem to handle "long" events very well. I had a "Nothing" event starting on December 21st, 2012 and ending several years later, and deleting it caused the lagging to stop. I guess iCal tries to load the whole event when it appears in the week view.

Hope this post helps someone or alerts Apple to issue a fix. (I use the latest version of iCal on the latest build of OSX, which as of today is iCal 6.0 on OS X 10.8.2)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 3:32 PM

There are no replies.

iCal sudden extreme lag and eating up all memory in week mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.