Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 bug on Snow Leopard keeps its window wider than MacBook Display

Every time I open iTunes 11, its window is bigger than my MacBook display, letting whether the red close button or the MiniPlayer button out of sight; it seems it can remember the last high of the window but not the wide. Tried reinstalling iTunes, erasing its preferences from User/Lubrary/Preferences without succes. It's annoying, I tried to went back to iTunes 10.7. but says that library was created with a new version of iTunes that can't be opened.

Anyone having the same issue? Any solution, clue or hint to this? Hope so.

Thanks

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 5:13 PM

12 replies

Feb 22, 2013 10:20 PM in response to Cauac

Thank you so much, michaelc. I'm not that expert to manage those terminal lexicum, but you gave me the clue for solving this problem on my MacBook.

What I did, which results easier than anything else, was replacing the file "AppConfig.plist" on "Spanish.lproj" with a copy of the file with the same name on "English.lproj", and voilá!

That's such annoying that this bug hasn't been fixed, not yet on iTunes 11.0.2. iTunes feedback seems to go nowhere…

May 20, 2013 8:34 AM in response to P_G_C

Sorry for answering myself, but I found the solution for MS windows.

the file "AppConfig.plist" is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\es.lproj\

("es.lproj" is for spanish)

It is not easy to edit it there, so I moved it to my desktop, edit it there with notepad and moved it again to where it belongs.

- edit the field "browser-window-minimum-width" for 700. (as indicated by CUAC)

(adminitrative credentials are needed)

It worked as expected.

iTunes 11 bug on Snow Leopard keeps its window wider than MacBook Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.