Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug in my phone and/or iPad, the "devices" don't show up in iTunes. I'm trying to sync my music from my iPad to my phone and I've tried everything and nothing is happening.

User uploaded fileRight now, my iPad is plugged into my desktop PC via USB cable. Shouldn't there be a "Devices" tab in the top right corner next to "Library?" Either way, under File>Devices, I can't sync or do anything (see image). This is my first time using this computer because I managed to break my laptop over the weekend and just got my iPhone 4 today. My iPad, I got last Christmas and had connected to my laptop, and now, on the actual iPad, when I go to Settings>General>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync, I can't click "Sync Now" and it says "Sync will resume when "Insert Laptop Name Here" is available." Sooooo.... all I really wanna do is get my music and maybe some pictures from iPad onto my phone.

*Note: I have my iCloud set up, and I guess it seems to be working fine, it just doesn't include music or photos.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Both devices have iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 5:53 PM

There are no replies.

When I plug in my phone and/or iPad, the "devices" don't show up in iTunes. I'm trying to sync my music from my iPad to my phone and I've tried everything and nothing is happening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.