Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini and voice recognition?

I can't seem to locate the specs on whether you can dictate into the mini for emails and word docs. If not, are there apps to add that may facilitate that? I am spoiled with my iPhone 4S (that I can do that with) but I need something bigger. What generation did that start with for the iPad, in case i look for a used one?

thanks

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:38 AM

This article might help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5176

5 replies

Dec 12, 2012 8:39 AM in response to sofromlex

In iPad 3 I have used Google translation App which can be set with from language English (Audio in) -> To language English (Text out). Some languages are not yet available for Audio in.

If you can copy/paste it, this would be one way to do what you want.

I just got a "Speech Recognition not Available" message trying it. May be some Apple Server outage. Great tool for person with hearing disability and you could use this in a foreign country.

Google translate does work in Windows 8 Chrome browser on my Mac Pro however, where it is easier to copy/paste but not so mobile.

iPad mini and voice recognition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.