Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Pages 09 run on Mac OS X 10.6.8?

I need to upgrade from Pages 08 to work and exchange Word Documents. Is Pages 09 Backward Compatible with 08? I have also have ~Keynote & Numbers 08 but was not going to upgrade these.

Or do I have to upgrade the Operating System to Lion?

Thanks for your help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:45 AM

It appears to be okay.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3879

7 replies

Dec 12, 2012 8:46 AM in response to Patman1966

You can open documents made with any earlier version of Pages with a later version. You just can't open documents made with a newer version with an older version.

I am able to run all versions of iWork, from '05 to '09, on my G5 iMac. iWork '05 cannot run in Lion or Mountain Lion since it's a PPC version.

User uploaded file

Dec 12, 2012 9:38 AM in response to Patman1966

I think I can now see a way forward. You cant get the Pages Software on Disc now: has to be downloaded. When you try and down load it, it warns & stops you downloading Pages 09 saying you need OS X Lion. So I intend downloading this update and then go for Pages 09.

Thank you all for coming back to me with comments. If there are any problems I will let you know.

Regards Patman

Will Pages 09 run on Mac OS X 10.6.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.