Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 4 and Bluetooth printer

Does anyone know if there is a portable, Bluetooth printer that works with the Ipad 4? I know that there are "wireless" units that work with AirPrint, but I am interested in taking something along in my travels where I would not have wifi available, hence the desire for Bluetooth. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 7:07 AM

iOS does not support natively support printing over Bluetooth, only WiFi, so you'll need to see if a third-party app supports printing directly via BlueTooth. The couple of printing apps I've looked at only support printing via Bluetooth if the printer is connected to a computer; they don't support printing directly via Bluetooth. You might instead want to look into a portable WiFi printer that supports ad-hoc networking (where the printer acts as its own WiFi access point).

Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2012 7:07 AM in response to calico1

iOS does not support natively support printing over Bluetooth, only WiFi, so you'll need to see if a third-party app supports printing directly via BlueTooth. The couple of printing apps I've looked at only support printing via Bluetooth if the printer is connected to a computer; they don't support printing directly via Bluetooth. You might instead want to look into a portable WiFi printer that supports ad-hoc networking (where the printer acts as its own WiFi access point).

Regards.

Ipad 4 and Bluetooth printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.