Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 will not load properly when Windows 7 starts

Hi Everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, iTunes 11. I successfully ran iTunes 10 on this PC previously.

iTunes is configured to launch when Windows boots. What happens is that it does start, and then the 'Checking iTunes Library' message appears for a few seconds. iTunes appears on the Task Bar during this period. The 'Checking.." message disappears, and then so does the icon in the Task Bar.

When I check Task Manager iTunes appears on the Processes tab in the Image Name list as: iTunes.exe *32, so it is loading, but there is no GUI interface available.

If I kill the task manually, and then start iTunes from the shortcut everything works fine.

Here is what I have tried to do to resolve this:

1) run msconfig and disabled Apple Push

2) removed and reinstalled Apple Quicktime (after downloading latest version)

3) unchecking all other start processes in msconfig to see if iTunes would load (it did not)

I have not found other suggestions so I figured I should post this and see if anyone else has some advice on how to get iTunes to load properly when I boot my computer.

Here are some details on the computer:

MB - Asus PZ77-VPro

CPU - i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz

RAM - 32 GB

VC - nVidia GForce GTX-670

C: HD - 120 GB solid state drive (this is where itunes is intalled)

E: HD - 2GB Raid 0 (this is where the itunes database has been installed)

I would appreciate your help after a morning of unsuccessful troubleshooting.

Thanks,

James

iTunes 11-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:47 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 11 will not load properly when Windows 7 starts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.