In the US you can return the iPhone within 30 days for a refund IF there is no accidental damage to the phone.
Was the crack between the screen and casing their when you first got it? If so why didn't you immediately return it to your service provider? Sounds like they are saying this is accidental damage. If not, return it for a refund then buy a new one.
After your return period any service replacement unit can be new or refurbished, the same as any other small electronics maker in the world.
Thats the problem. I did return it next day (bought it after work and then did all the things u need to do to transfer from ur old iP! So I couldn't return it directly) and nobody thinks its an accidental damage. They just say Apple NEVER replaces with a new one (even if u open it in the store I guess)! It's not a Apple store, It's a service provider like AT&T.
It not a crack as in damaged. It's a space. The screen is mounted wrong and u can stick a paper between the screen and casing. I was mostly worried moist could come in there and cause damage.
Warranty replacements are from Service stock which may or may not be new. Service stock comes in a brown box without accessories and should be indistinguishable from new.
Simply return the device to the service provider for a refund, wait a few days, then purchase a new phone, inspecting it in store to ensure it meets your expecations before taking it home.
Where did you read that AT&T sold refurbished iPhone 5s? They didn't. They have sold refurbished iPhone 4's and they may have sold some iPhone 4s, but no iPhone 5 yet.
Are you telling me that Swedish law says if I go buy something in a physical store and it has a manufacturers defect I cannot return it?
1. Google refurbished iPhone 5.
2. Yes. U can't return ur product and get a refund. The store have 3 chances to get it repaired before u have the right to get a new one. Some stores have refund rights as a costumer benefit. But not the one where I bought mine. And some demand that u don't open the package :-) like my phone store!
3. We have government agencies for many things and one is for consumer question. I'll might contact them and ask if I can cancel the buy. This wouldn't be a big thing if I hadn't read so much bad things about the company that does the refurbish here in Sweden!
1. Apple is the only outlet for iPhones that they have put through their extensive refurbishment policies. Any other sellers making claims of "refurbishment" either will do nothing other than restore the iPhone to factory settings and clean up the case, or will open the iPhone which voids Apple's warranty.
2. Reseller policies are their own. Apple has no control over that, so it's something you will have to take up with the place you purchased your iPhone.
3. Ditto. If you wish to try to involve the Swedish government, well, you're welcome to try.
Unless you are willing to take or send the iPhone to Apple and get them to replace it, this is no longer an Apple issue, so there's nothing further anyone here can say.
@deggie: Thats not what I read! But I might missunderstand since I´ve never bought a phone in the US. The links I read talked about AT&T selling iP5 for 99$ for the 16gb instead of 199.
@varjak: In Sweden Apple doesnt handle the warranty claim or do the refurbish. Its a company named Anovo and they handle most (if not all) of the brands. Im not contacting the government :-) its an agency who u can turn to as a consumer if u think that u are misstreated.
Unless Im willing to take/send... Maybe I wasnt clear: The service provider/cell company or whatever u call it gave me 2 choices. Leave the phone to them (so they can send it to Anovo, as they must do in all cases) or keep it! I left it with them but then this disscusion begins. My cell company claims APPLE have the policy of not replacing with a new one (and I´ve talked to their PR manager about it). I also talked to Apple sweden and they say the same (technician). Ive obviously read that other ppl could return there ones, so this is why I posted in the first case.
Anyway I got what I came for and I thank you for ur time.
Merry Christmas // F
The links I read talked about AT&T selling iP5 for 99$ for the 16gb instead of 199.
Just to finish off the questions, you misread, or the links were wrong. The $99 iPhone from AT&T is the iPhone 4S, not the iPhone 5.
In Sweden Apple doesnt handle the warranty claim or do the refurbish. Its a company named Anovo and they handle most (if not all) of the brands.
Fine, but that's irrelevant to the issue as presented, as least as I understood the various questions and posts you've made.
My cell company claims APPLE have the policy of not replacing with a new one (and I´ve talked to their PR manager about it). I also talked to Apple sweden and they say the same (technician).
Again, Apple can at their option replace a defective iPhone with either a new or a refurbished unit. Normally it will be a refurbished unit, but it depends on available service stock. Whichever they choose, you will not be able to tell the difference.
Seems were done here. Happy holidays.