Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my songs, that I spent much time on, won't export or now even open. What is wrong?

For 3 days this song went totally smoothly and just now today after my first attempt to export it (which didn't work...it showed the 'exporting' bar for a half a second then went to my iPad home screen) it also won't open. I've tried quitting GarageBand, restarting my machine, making copies of the song, making copies of copies and everything possible but I can't even get into the file now. This is totally messed up and I didn't pay $5 and spend hours and hours on a song that I can't show my friends, nonetheless listen to myself. PLEASE HELP. APPLE THIS IS NOT OKAY.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:39 AM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2012 3:28 AM in response to Max Hirtz-Wolf

Do you know if I reset garageband, will I loose my already made songs?
  • Resetting GarageBand will restore all settings to the factory default, but your projects will not be deleted.
  • But uninstalling will delete all its data, your projects. You will see a warning, when you try to uninstall. To save the projects, share them to iTunes and sync them to your mac, or share them to iCloud before you uninstall GarageBand.

So you better try first, if resettinng will suffice.

Regards

Léonie

One of my songs, that I spent much time on, won't export or now even open. What is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.