Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Servers refuse connection from web browsers and SSH, but network diagnostic tool says everything is fine.

I started having trouble with skype a few months ago where I couldn't connect to the login.skype server either through the skype client or through the browser. This seems to have progressed recently and I cannot connect to any server through any protocol in snow leopard. This is largely probably a result of my own stupidity, as I was messing with hosting "**** vulnerable" on local host through some service that let me create an apachi server. I had also been messing with setting up proxies, without really knowing what I was doing, hoping I could figure out what I was doing in the process.

At the moment I have no proxies enabled, and running the network diagnostic tool on my machine says my network is working properly. However, if I try to access a website it tells me the server refused the connection. The same goes for SSH, when I try to connect servers refuse the connection. The same goes for Authenticating Reason.

At the moment I am posting this from my bootcamp partition, so I know it is at least not a hardware issue

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:57 AM

There are no replies.

Servers refuse connection from web browsers and SSH, but network diagnostic tool says everything is fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.