Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi issue with Apple, Gmail and Facebook: iPhone 4S and iPad2 (WiFi)

Since Monday 12/10/1012 my four Apple devices (2 x iPhone 4S, 2 x iPad 2 WiFi, all running iOS6) have been displaying the following issues when connected to my home WiFI network:

1. Connection is good.
  2. Can surf most web pages.
  3. Facebook app does not update; times out.
  4. Gmail app does not update; times out.
  5. Email from an ISP in New Zealand times out.
  6. iStore app does not update; times out.
  7. The site http://http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html does not respond when connected to the WiFi.
  8. Gmail, Facebook and Apple web pages time out when I attempt to access them.
  9. Other siates are fine.
  10. Email from my company's outlook exchange server unaffected.

My ISP is Bell Canada, who is not interested in the problem.

This feels similar to the initial iOS6 problem, but the problem is not a complete lack of connectivity. The problem appears to have started on Sunday night / Monday and to have progressively affected more devices and apps (on Tuesday night one iPhone Facebook app fwas fine, the other one broken).

I have:

1. Hard-rebooted the internet router.
  2. Hard-rebooted the devices.
  3. Messed around with switching airplane modes on and off, switching WiFi on and off, resetting network settings, forgetting networks. Nothing helps.

Any other ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, Also affects 2 x iPad2 WiFi

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 12:47 PM

30 replies

Dec 13, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Neverwozzer

I am having the same problems with my iPhone 4. I can connect to various websites, but the apple store, updates, and any of my apps that need an internet connect are not working. I have tried various settings, reset the network settings, and wiped the device. I am connected to the network fine--the router sees my device, assigns an IP, and I can access the web. None of the apps work.

Have there been any updates to the apple OS that would have been applied without notifying us?

Dec 13, 2012 7:18 PM in response to Neverwozzer

I am in Montreal. My 2 issues are : On my iPhone (3GS) : 1) The Weather widget reports :"Local weather - Unknown location" - 2) Over The Air app updates keeps loading for a long time, then reports "Cannot connect to iTunes". I called Apple and a representative told me that Bell had wifi problems. I then called Bell and was told that my router firewall was blocking. This is absurd, because except for those 2 issues, my wifi works just fine for everything else. I tried a lot of solutions suggested on forums to no avail. I wonder if this is permanent or will somehow eventually be fixed.

WiFi issue with Apple, Gmail and Facebook: iPhone 4S and iPad2 (WiFi)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.