Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth battery drain

Does having bluetooth turned on drain the iPhone battery if it is not paired with anything?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 1:08 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2012 5:24 PM in response to razmee209

Maybe I should clarify..... I know that turning it off when I am not using it wouldn't hurt. The problem with that is having to turn it on and off every time I get in my Jeep, if I want to listen to it through the radio. If it doesn't draw any battery (which I doubt, considering it has to look for something to pair with) when it isn't paired, I would rather leave it on.

But if it is known to considerably affect the battery life, I will continue to turn it on and off as needed. I was looking for someone else to know the answer.

I can't really test it, as I wouldn't have a "control" to compare it with. I use my phone differently each day, so there is no way of knowing if it was the bluetooth that drained it, or if I was pulling more battery for internet usage, or received more text messages that day.

bluetooth battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.