Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new zebra printer won't work

How do I hook up my zebra GK420d label printer up to my mac

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 2:39 PM

8 replies

Feb 23, 2017 8:34 AM in response to Mezacreative

It sounds like you didn't try the Peninsula Thermal Driver as it also includes a free extra app called DropPrint with the full version which does exactly the same as FixZPL with some added features like watching a folder for ZPL or EPL files to print so you don't have to drag them onto the app each time and the ability to choose wether to delete or move the file after printing.

It also shows notifications to show the file was sent to the printer correctly and as these files from Amazon are ZPL (raw printer code) they will print clearly and correctly no matter what driver or app you use to send them to the printer.

I also found that the DropPrint app from the Peninsula Driver will also work with Apple's built in drivers without installing the Peninsula printer driver. Although the Peninsula Driver allows you to print from many other websites that do not support printing on a Mac (not just ones that supply ZPL files).

Their tech team was also very useful and was willing to do a TeamViewer session to my Mac to help me install my printer correctly.

As their solution costs the same as FixZPL it to me seemed like I was getting more for my money and the ability to email their tech team directly and get help with the setup made them seem professional.

Sep 16, 2014 1:04 AM in response to firekilr2

Despite what Zebra say the only way you can print reliably and correctly on OSX to a Zebra GK420d printer is with a commercial printer driver.

These drivers print to all Zebra printers, straight from any Mac application including Browsers with no pixelation. The only drawback is you have to purchase it.

Details are here.

http://www.peninsula-group.com/mac-thermal-printer-driver/default.html

Hope this helps people.

Feb 8, 2015 11:54 PM in response to firekilr2

You can try FixZPL from www.fixzpl.com, it has been the only solid solution that works in OSX. We use it to print to our Zebra ZP500 Plus label printer to print Amazon ZPL Labels, we use it with FedEx and FedEx Labels. It works great and all the labels print crisp and professional. The best part is that its not a plugin or driver and I no longer need my old Windows machine to process shipments. Plugins and Drivers are not needed as ZPL drivers are already installed in OSX all you need is the software to process the Zebra ZPL file correctly. All you do is drag and drop your ZPL files onto it and the labels print in seconds. So far FixZPL has been the only professional solution I have found that works 100% in OSX Yosemite.

Good luck and hope someone finds this helpful.

new zebra printer won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.