Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring songs from I Tunes to IPod Nano

Had no problems until today, because yesterday I downloaded the new ITunes 11.0 (163). Trying to transfer songs from ITunes to my IPod Nano. Not sure if I should submit this question in the ITunes section or the IPod Nano section, so will do both.

ITunes used to - until today - show my device (IPod Nano and its playlists) on the left side column of ITunes, above the ITunes playlists. So I could just click on a ITunes song on one of the ITunes playlists and drag it down into one of the IPod Nano playlists above it. Now with this new version of ITunes nothing shows up on the left side, so I have no way of dragging songs from ITunes to IPod Nano. An IPod Nano icon does appear on my desktop, but clicking on it or its contents does not show any IPod Nano songs or playlists. Please advise how to transfer songs from ITunes to IPod Nano when using this new ITunes 11.0.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPhoto 8.1.2 (424)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 1:47 PM

1 reply

transferring songs from I Tunes to IPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.