Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC Mini (1.66 GHz Intel Duo, 512 MB 667 RAM) System update URGENT >> SYSTEM SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD LINK on the apple website to be found? I looked everywhere, only updates no full versions anywhere??

Hello,

I urgendly need to install a new system on my mac mini: MAC Mini (1.66 GHz Intel Duo, 512 MB 667 RAM) to run the adobe creative suite 5 on it.

The system-update is from the now present Mac OS X 10.4.11 to 10.5.

Please help, it's really URGENT >> Where is the SYSTEM SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD LINK on the apple website to be found?

I looked everywhere! ;-)

Only updates no full versions anywhere?? Panic stations, could someone help, pleeeease.

Thanks

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 3:49 PM

OS X 10.5 is not downloadable. It must be purchased on a DVD.

Since the 10.5 DVD are expensive now that Apple stop selling them, it might be better for you to upgrade your RAM to 1GB and order the 10.6 DVD from Apple instead.

Allan

7 replies

Dec 12, 2012 7:06 PM in response to iDunnOSX

OS 10.6 Snow Leopard System requirements

To upgrade to Snow Leopard or install Snow Leopard for the first time, you must have a Mac with:

An Intel processor

An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing

At least 1 GB of RAM (additional RAM is recommended)

A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer

At least 5 GB of disk space available, or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools

Dec 12, 2012 11:46 PM in response to iDunnOSX

Phew. That's bad news indeed. No download for 10.5. I'm a little shocked to hear this as theres absolutely no way to increase the ram or purcase the DVD.

I need it to work like right away, NOW, because my Mac Book Pro collapsed and is showing a black screen, although its on. All a bit of a nightmare. Now I heard that the laptops got faulty NIVIDIA graphics chips when they were manufactured.

I mean, what's going wrong there with Apple?

Above all, why does Apple not have the download links for the system software? I find this very disconcerting, as it simply comes under customer service! Cummon guys, this can't be so difficult.

Now I#m slighly cheesed off with being a long term apple customer.

But thanks for the advice, anyway.

cheers

Dec 13, 2012 6:09 AM in response to auerbach1

You certainly don't sound like a long time Apple customer with the little you know about them. For starters it is only the recent release of Lion that downloading of any of their operting system has been possible. Why is it Apple who is causing you problem is you can't increase your RAM or purchase a DVD. That sounds like your problem not Apple's.

Orginally you said you needed to upgrade the operating system for CS5 now you are saying you have graphics problems. It sounds like you have ignoredthings until everything is dying and then are blaming that on Apple.

You have been given the solution if you don't like it don't blame Apple. It is your problem.

Allan

MAC Mini (1.66 GHz Intel Duo, 512 MB 667 RAM) System update URGENT >> SYSTEM SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD LINK on the apple website to be found? I looked everywhere, only updates no full versions anywhere??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.