Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you import a excel doc to your iphone 5 Numbers app?

I am running a small business. I have an excel doc on my toshiba. I would like to upload the doc into my numbers app on my iphone 5. How do I do it?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:39 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2012 8:00 PM in response to markyates2299

If you have email set up on the iPhone, you can email it to yourself. On the phone, I think you press down on the attachment and it should give you the option to open in Numbers.

Otherwise, you can plug in the iPhone to your computer and use iTunes. If the PC is similar to the Mac, if you go the iPhone apps tab, you'll see below the apps is a list of apps that can get files. Numbers should appear there. Just drag and drop the file and then in Numbers on the iPhone, in the files area, you can tap on the + and choose copy from iTunes or something like that. The thing I like about this method is the file will stay in that "iTunes area" on your iPhone. It just makes a copy in Numbers. So if you mess up the file in Numbers, you just tap on the + again and you can start over. Beware though, if you delete the Numbers app, that little "iTunes area" goes away too.

The 3rd way I know, but not as familar with, is if you have iCloud set up. You should be able to sign into iCloud on your PC in a browser and load the file there. Then if you have iCloud set up on the iPhone, it should load into Numbers.

How do you import a excel doc to your iphone 5 Numbers app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.