Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the new iTunes I can't delete my photos

Once iTunes upgraded to the new version I can't figure out how to delete photos that were synced to my iPad. I tried deselecting the box and unsyncing but they are still there.

Apple TV, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:32 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2012 11:57 PM in response to Farrsan

I've re-enabled the left-hand sidebar on my iTunes via option-command-S (control-S on a PC) which (to me anyway) makes it easier to navigate.

If de-selecting the photo folders on the Photos tab and re-syncing doesn't delete them, then if you want to delete all synced photos from the iPad try selecting and syncing just an empty folder.

If you just want to delete some folders/albums then try deleting the photo cache from your computer and then re-try the photo sync and see if they are then removed from the iPad - the location of the cache, and how to delete it, is on this page.

Dec 10, 2014 4:38 PM in response to King_Penguin

I'm having the same problem, and I thought syncing with an empty folder would fix it, but it still giving me issues (although syncing with an empty folder did reduce the number of photos but there are still over 5 GB of space being taken up by photos that aren't there). It will say at the top that it's syncing with 0 photos, but the space on my iPhone 4s will still be filled with photos and will sync with them, even though when I go to my phone, they're all deleted.

With the new iTunes I can't delete my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.