Hello everybody !
So here we go, I am another user that has problems viewing web pages. To make a long story short I would like to add that though I am not a system administrator by any means, I am an experienced user. So if I say for example "I did nothing but the program stoped working correctly" DOES realy mean that I did nothing at all (therefore it doesnt mean that I occasionaly pushed few buttons while viewing complex settings and then forgot about it).
PROBLEM : Sometimes (randomly) I am not able to view web pages. The problem may disappear suddenly, but otherwise I have to reboot computer to solve the problem (untill it happens again. And it WILL happen withing ~30min...4 hours, so several times a day)
I USE : Macbook air 2012 (i7 8gb if it does matter). MacOS 10.8.2. Everything is up to date, I frequently check the system for updates.
WHAT HAVE I TRIED TO DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM :
1) I have changed the wireless channel so that nobody around uses the same one
2) I have changed router and internet provider (well I did not change them, I just use my mba at office, at home and somewhere else. Each place has its own router (d-link at work and apple airport express at home) and its own provider)
3) I have changed mtu (maximum transmission unit) to 1453 from 1500 by default (System preferences -> network -> advanced )
4) I have tried different public DNS servers
5) I did try to request DHCP once again when the problem appears
6) The last but not least - I have tried different browsers (safari, opera, firefox)
The only thing that works yet - reboot.
MY STUPID THOUGHTS ON THAT :
- This is not a router problem, because I have already tried about 4-5 different models, including D-link, Airport and Asus
- This is not an internet connection problem generaly (I am able to use skype, teamviewer etc. while the problem occurs)
- This is not a macbook problem, because if I boot Windows (via bootcamp), it seems like I do not face that problem at all
As a result : this is a MacOS problem, and I have to look for fix inside it.
SOME ADDITIONAL INFO :
It realy happens suddenly: I am browsing webpages, everything is ok. Then bum - and the next page starts to load SLOWLY. Few more pages load SLOWLY (if there are pictures, I find "?" instead of them). And then pages stop loading at some moment. If I try to refresh the page, it might help sometimes. But then, finaly, I just lose opportunity to load web pages by any means.
The problem may go away for some time, but it will return for sure. Rebooting every time is incomfortable for me, since I have a lot of stuff opened and rearranged between different spaces (desktops).
Thank you for your time in advance guys ! Hope some of you have already faced the problem and have found the solution.
Thank you for your time guys.