Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did your iPhone stop charging in your dock after the OS update?

I have a TomTom car kit for my iPhone. It stopped charging my iPhone 4. I thought the dock was broken.

Then I went to the TomTom forum and found this:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-App-for-iPhone-iPad/TomTom-Car-Kit-does- not-charge-iPhone-4-iOS-5-1-1/td-p/290032

It seems it happened to a lot of people after an update to the iPhone OS.

Did it happen to you? Do you have a solution? Did it happen with non-TomTom docks as well?

iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 8:42 PM

I just fixed my car kit. Well, sort of.

I noticed that ANY charger cable that I plugged into my iPhone was sitting crooked. It would charge, so I didn't think too much about it.

Then I took a look in the slot in the bottom of the iPhone. It looked dusty. I took a wooden tooth pick ane started pulling pocket lint out. I swear I got a bushel basket of lint out.

Now, not only do the charging cables seat squarely, they go all the way in, not just half way.

And the dock once again works. I can charge, use the navigation app and play iTunes through the dock.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2013 8:42 PM in response to SimonJester753

I just fixed my car kit. Well, sort of.

I noticed that ANY charger cable that I plugged into my iPhone was sitting crooked. It would charge, so I didn't think too much about it.

Then I took a look in the slot in the bottom of the iPhone. It looked dusty. I took a wooden tooth pick ane started pulling pocket lint out. I swear I got a bushel basket of lint out.

Now, not only do the charging cables seat squarely, they go all the way in, not just half way.

And the dock once again works. I can charge, use the navigation app and play iTunes through the dock.

Did your iPhone stop charging in your dock after the OS update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.