Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google maps for ios...pretty cool!

This is what apple maps should have been! please check it out people, its very cool.

It may not be available in your itunes store immediately but it'll be in a matter of hours.

the only thing i wish it had is integrated 3d view rather than switching to the google earth app.

but here's to accuracy and convenience returned!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:17 PM

28 replies

Dec 13, 2012 1:15 PM in response to electronicsguy

electronicsguy wrote:

If you're really "level 7", I'm sure you know by now that that problem is because of apples restriction that they don't allow you to set another app as the default app.

you can always copy paste the contacts address into google maps anyways. im sure in later versions they'll have a way to pull contact info into the google maps.

You're incorrect. Many apps allow you to access your iPhone contacts.

Google Maps should (without having to sign in) but they don't, for some reason.

Dec 13, 2012 1:48 PM in response to electronicsguy

You said that the reason you can't access your Contacts from Google Maps is because of an Apple restriction. That is an incorrect statement. Apple does not restrict 3rd party apps from accessing iOS Contacts. They do have some app restrictions, i.e. the Phone app but not Contacts.

I can access my iOS Contacts from 3rd party apps such as MapQuest and Waze, to name two.

Hint: This is a tech support forum where details matter a great deal. It's OK to be wrong (I've been many times) but when you defend yourself when so clearly wrong and then lower yourself to calling others names, you lose your rep in a hurry. Yours is pretty much gone with the regulars here, IMO.

Dec 13, 2012 2:03 PM in response to paulcb

hint: try to understand what other say... i said the ability to directly access conact info ..say by pressing the address in "contacts" and popping up a 3rd party app is restricted..

basically clicking any kind of links in native apple apps to popup 3rd party apps is restricted.

other non-conventional solutions like pulling up info within the 3rd party app itself will follow...

Google maps for ios...pretty cool!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.