Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to choose "None" as a payment option for an Apple ID?

Hai,

I purchased new Apple 3gs from online site. Currently i am unable to install free application from App Store without a credit card information.I don't have any Credit card and so i am not able to verify my Apple id.I could't able to find None option in payment option.Please help me.

Jayakrishnan

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:19 PM

1. Open the App Store on your device.
  2. Find a free application on the App Store.
  3. Important: Before proceeding to the next step, you must download and install the free application by tapping Free followed by tapping Install App.

4. User uploaded file

User uploaded file

5. Tap Create New Apple ID.

User uploaded file
  6. Choose your country, and then tap Done.

7. User uploaded file

8. You'll need to read and agree to the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions. Tap Agree located at the bottom of the page to continue.
  9. Enter your email address, security questions, birthday, and create your password.
  10. You also can enter an optional rescue email address. If you frequently change email addresses, it is recommended that you add a rescue email address. Learn more about the rescue email address.
  11. Once you are satisfied with the information entered, tap Next.
  12. Select None as your payment option.

13. User uploaded file

14. Continue to fill out the required email, address, and phone number fields. Tap Next.
  15. You'll then see a screen that says "Verify your Account." Tap Done, and check your email for a verification email from iTunes Store.

16. User uploaded file

17. Open the email, and click the link enclosed in the email to activate your account.
  18. Once you tap the link, the App Store should automatically open and prompt you to sign in with your account name and password.

User uploaded file
  19. Tap Sign In, and you will see a thank you screen.

User uploaded file
  20. You have set up your account successfully, and you can start enjoying iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

User uploaded file
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2012 10:19 PM in response to JayakrishnanT

1. Open the App Store on your device.
  2. Find a free application on the App Store.
  3. Important: Before proceeding to the next step, you must download and install the free application by tapping Free followed by tapping Install App.

4. User uploaded file

User uploaded file

5. Tap Create New Apple ID.

User uploaded file
  6. Choose your country, and then tap Done.

7. User uploaded file

8. You'll need to read and agree to the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions. Tap Agree located at the bottom of the page to continue.
  9. Enter your email address, security questions, birthday, and create your password.
  10. You also can enter an optional rescue email address. If you frequently change email addresses, it is recommended that you add a rescue email address. Learn more about the rescue email address.
  11. Once you are satisfied with the information entered, tap Next.
  12. Select None as your payment option.

13. User uploaded file

14. Continue to fill out the required email, address, and phone number fields. Tap Next.
  15. You'll then see a screen that says "Verify your Account." Tap Done, and check your email for a verification email from iTunes Store.

16. User uploaded file

17. Open the email, and click the link enclosed in the email to activate your account.
  18. Once you tap the link, the App Store should automatically open and prompt you to sign in with your account name and password.

User uploaded file
  19. Tap Sign In, and you will see a thank you screen.

User uploaded file
  20. You have set up your account successfully, and you can start enjoying iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

User uploaded file

How to choose "None" as a payment option for an Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.