Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Siri to give directions using Waze?

I use GPS while driving and would like to use voice control. I have tried using Apple Maps but have found it to be missing features and I have to go through a long process every time I want to go to the same destination. Waze, I start it and it asks if I want to go home or to work depending on where I am. However, to do this I have to look at the screen and press buttons. Is there a way to start and use Waze using Siri. Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:37 AM

Tell Siri to open Waze. She will reply that there is no app named "ways". You have to scroll up to where your dictation is and manually edit "ways" to "waze". Siri uses this to learn your accent, etc. Once you get Siri to open Waze via voice you have to access your Waze voice commands via either the 3 finger or hand hover method. Then you tell your device to "drive to home, work, etc"

---After trying a couple methods after posting this I figured out that if you simply tell Siri to "LAUNCH GAS" the Waze app opens right up---

Message was edited by: KBowman to add info within the dashes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2012 7:37 AM in response to RichardEllis86

Tell Siri to open Waze. She will reply that there is no app named "ways". You have to scroll up to where your dictation is and manually edit "ways" to "waze". Siri uses this to learn your accent, etc. Once you get Siri to open Waze via voice you have to access your Waze voice commands via either the 3 finger or hand hover method. Then you tell your device to "drive to home, work, etc"

---After trying a couple methods after posting this I figured out that if you simply tell Siri to "LAUNCH GAS" the Waze app opens right up---

Message was edited by: KBowman to add info within the dashes.

How do I get Siri to give directions using Waze?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.