Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applications will not sync

I am running iTunes 11 on my iMac. Periodically, I like to sync my iPhone - iOS 6 - to update any updated apps from the phone to my library on my Mac.

Since updating iTunes to v. 11, I have noticed that the syncing of apps does not update my library from those apps that I have updated using the App Store app on the phone.

Is this supposed to work this way, or do I have to do something else?

Thanks in advance!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:38 AM

I think it is a bug. It should work by copying apps bought on the phone back to your iTunes. Only way to update currently on itunes is to Apps > check for updates

9 replies

Dec 19, 2012 12:26 AM in response to Lute Q

Just throwing my 2 cents in. I, too, am certain that something is definitely not working right with iTunes 11. I carefully selected certain apps to update on my iPad 3 and tried to sync the updated versions to iTunes. Comparing versions after syncing, I can confirm that iTunes 11 is definitely not copying over the updated versions of apps that were updated on my iPad from the iOS iTunes App Store. Even the "Updates Available" counter badge shows a different count between my Mac and iPad.

I am really hoping that this will be fixed with an update to iTunes 11. So far, nothing terrible has happend; just an inconvenience to do things manually. It certainly doesn't "just work."

For reference I'm running iOS 6.0.1 on my iPad 3 and iTunes 11.0.1 on an '07 iMac running OS X 10.7.5.

Dec 19, 2012 9:28 AM in response to Lute Q

I thought that this "new" 11.01 update was supposed to fix this BUG. Once this feature originally became available I thought "How Cool!", then they screw it up. I reverted my iMac back with time machine because it BUGGED me so much. I have never seen Apple be so irresponsible like this. I like to brag about my Apple products, not *****. They need to get their act together, regardless whether Window 8 is tossing even more users towards Apple products. They need to keep up the standards that the Apple devotees are used to, not put out bad apps and updates just like the "other" guys. Apple is or was better than that!

Dec 20, 2012 2:49 AM in response to Lute Q

Well I bit the bullet and finally updated to iTunes 11 yesterday.

Downloaded the full installer package and installed it. I did not

do the software update method. I then rebooted (in the past,

found some things didn't always work until a reboot).

Started up the new iTunes 11. After fumbling around with the

new interface for a bit and trying to get things back to semi usable,

I held my breathe and plugged in my iPhone 4S.

The result, everything synced just as it did before. Apps I updated or

purchased on the iPhone were synced just fine to my computer. Just to

make sure, openned up the iTunes folder and in iTunes Media-> Mobile

Applications the apps there were the same version as those on my iPhone.

Now, my install was with the 11.0.1 update, if that means anything.

Also, not sure if the full install approach made a difference versus

the update approach made a difference.

BTW, system was 2011 MacMini Server with Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

and iOS 6 on my iPhone.

One thing that did happen, I did lose artwork on several of my CD

rips that I had previously added manually. It seems if the album/CD

doesn't exist in the iTunes Store, it erases the artwork.

applications will not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.