Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't recognize my new iPhone 5

When I plug in the iPhone5 or launch iTunes I do not get an option to Synch the new phone. Prior to plugging in the new iPhone I did an iTunes update, backed up old 4G phone and did a synch with the 4G.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:43 AM

Hey - thanks for nothing everybody!! I figured it out myself. WHOO WHOO. Took me 4 hours and a lot of upgrades to my laptop and a couple of restores to the new iPhone from the local backup but I am in business and didn't lose a single THING!!!! also now on the iCloud.

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS AND YOUR OWN ABILITIES PEOPLE!!!!

SOME PATIENCE, LOOKING THROUGH THE RIGHT SOURCES IE, MICROSOFT WEBSITE AND APPLE WEBSITE VS. GOOGLE INTERNET HEADACHE AND YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2012 7:43 AM in response to Monica240

Hey - thanks for nothing everybody!! I figured it out myself. WHOO WHOO. Took me 4 hours and a lot of upgrades to my laptop and a couple of restores to the new iPhone from the local backup but I am in business and didn't lose a single THING!!!! also now on the iCloud.

TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS AND YOUR OWN ABILITIES PEOPLE!!!!

SOME PATIENCE, LOOKING THROUGH THE RIGHT SOURCES IE, MICROSOFT WEBSITE AND APPLE WEBSITE VS. GOOGLE INTERNET HEADACHE AND YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iTunes doesn't recognize my new iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.