Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whats the next update after 10.6.8

I need to know whats the next update right after 10.6.8

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 12:37 PM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2012 12:40 PM in response to Jordo5

The next is Mountain Lion:

Upgrading to Mountain Lion

To upgrade to Mountain Lion you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Purchase and download Mountain Lion from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Mountain Lion is $19.99 plus tax. The file is quite large, over 4 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.

OS X Mountain Lion - System Requirements

Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion

1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)

2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)

3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)

4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)

5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)

6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)

7. Xserve (Early 2009)

Are my applications compatible?

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps - App compatibility and feature support for OS X & iOS.

Dec 13, 2012 3:32 PM in response to Kappy

It depends upon how you look at it. Lion came after Snow Leopard so is "next" in terms of order. However if your computer is capable of doing it (which I somewhat doubt with a computer running 10.4.11 as the OP's profile suggests) then there is the option of going straight from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion (10.8), with ML being "next" if there are no other limitations.

Whats the next update after 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.