Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to replace squeaky key on Retina MBP

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any directions for lifting off a key on the MacBook Pro retina keyboard? I have a squeaky spacebar and I'd like to avoid the hassle of taking this in to the Apple store which is a decent trip to get to. Seems like it'd be an easy fix to just lube the key mechanism a bit an dpop it back on.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:19 PM

Pulling keys is not an easy thing to do with breaking it. I would take the trip and have it done right so you do not take the reponsibility if something goes wrong. They have the tools and maybe it might need something else other than lube. (I'm not even sure that there is lube) Maybe someone else in the community has some insight into this. All the best

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2012 2:19 PM in response to codydhorner

Pulling keys is not an easy thing to do with breaking it. I would take the trip and have it done right so you do not take the reponsibility if something goes wrong. They have the tools and maybe it might need something else other than lube. (I'm not even sure that there is lube) Maybe someone else in the community has some insight into this. All the best

How to replace squeaky key on Retina MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.