Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no text notification on lock screen

I have just recieved a couple of text messages but when my phone is locked it won't notify me. The only way i know if i have recieved a text is if i unlock the phone and i will then see a number above the message icon relating to how many texts i have. Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't do it all the time just from time to time. My battery is below 20% im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have iPhone 4s running IOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 3:01 PM

7 replies

Dec 13, 2012 3:09 PM in response to AyrshireKillie

Not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the battery.

Standard troubleshooting...

Try a reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

If still a problem restore with your backup.

If still a problem restore as new, i.e. without your backup. See how it runs with nothing synced to it.

If still a problem, it's likely a hardware issue.

Oct 13, 2013 10:12 AM in response to AyrshireKillie

Any news on this one? the exact same thing happens to me on my iPhone 5 with ios 6.1.4. It only happens when I'm in the text message app (in the middle of a conversation), and then lock my phone. If I exit the app before locking the phone, I get text notifications.

It's super annoying!!!! Please help.

Just tested it on my work iPhone 5, and it's fixed in iOS 7. But definitely not working on 6.1.4.

no text notification on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.