Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get an mp3 into the music section on iPad without using a computer?

The situation is this: I have no access to a computer. The iPad is all that I have to use. So I have never synced it to iTunes or anything.

I am trying to make a video using the movie making app Pinnacle Studio (iMovie doesn't do enough for what I want) and when it comes to choosing audio files, it shows what's stored in the music library of my iPad.

But here is the problem. The audio is a track I have sent to my own email address as mp3. I want to be able to save it from email into my music folder so that it can then be imported into Pinnacle Studio. But when I click on the mp3 in the email it gives me only options to open it in iMovie or Dropbox. How can I get to use this piece of audio when I can't access a computer? Thanks a lot for any help.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 3:20 PM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2012 3:38 PM in response to Dracapalley

If you don't have iTunes you will need to buy the song from the iTunes store and download it that way. If it is a custom track you may be out of luck. The only way to get a song on your device without iTunes involves jailbreaking it.

iOS is set up to prevent people from emailing each other songs, videos, movies, books, etc. This is how Apple got their contracts with the content providers by promising that they would do what ever it takes to prevent people from sharing content that they didn't pay for.

How can I get an mp3 into the music section on iPad without using a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.