Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Centre - Facebook Page Notifications Not Working

Hello

First off, I'm new to discussions and the like here, so forgive me in advance for things that regular users know but I seem to have missed the boat on.

My issue is with the new Facebook intergration that the Mac OS 10.8.2 update brought to my Mac. The message notifications work fine, as do status comments and like ect ect. BUT, this is only the case with my personal Facebook account. I am an administrator on a Facebook page, and not only do I get notifications about the goings-on on the page, but when I click the notifications the tab that opens in Safari takes me to a "Page Not Found" page on the Facebook site, as attached below.

User uploaded file

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find any mention of anywhere else. I probably have a relatively rare situation, as not many people administrate a page and few still, I'm sure, use Notification Centre as I do. Regardless, it seems like a rather large oversight on Apple's part to not check whether Facebook PAGE notifications actually work or not.

It's not a big drama, I can deal without, but Notifications for my Page are essentially redundant if they just take me to a blank page. I can obviously see what exactly is happening, but broken links are rather annoying.

If you have the same issue, please post below, maybe we can get Apple onto the issue ASAP with enough voices.

Alternatively, if you have a fix for me, then by all means detail it below.

Thanks

TDanino

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 4:42 PM

2 replies

Notification Centre - Facebook Page Notifications Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.