Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 scan lines/vertical interlacing!

Hi, today I received my iPhone 5 from Apple.

The first thing I noticed is that I'm clearly seeing vertical scan lines on the screen, which my iPhone 4S never had.

If anybody has any experience with this issue, will the problem go away? Or will I have to send it into Apple which I'm very annoyed to have to consider.

Cheers!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Okay, Apple advised me to avoid having to send it back, take it straight to the Vodafone store, and try your luck replacing it.

I pointed out the issue and used a test image that caused the screen to flicker (due to the interlacing fault) and they recognized that as "definitely a problem". So, they went and got out a brand new iPhone 5 out of the sealed retail box and swapped it over on the spot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2012 6:38 PM in response to Aidan423

Okay, Apple advised me to avoid having to send it back, take it straight to the Vodafone store, and try your luck replacing it.

I pointed out the issue and used a test image that caused the screen to flicker (due to the interlacing fault) and they recognized that as "definitely a problem". So, they went and got out a brand new iPhone 5 out of the sealed retail box and swapped it over on the spot.

iPhone 5 scan lines/vertical interlacing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.