Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get New Macbook Air Keyboard fixed, in Philippines?

I have this very annoying problem with my brand new macbook air. It's only a week old and for the past four days I have had this porblem with the option key inadvertantly switching on, so that characters look like this †˙ˆß å˜∂ †˙å† ≥

I originally thought it was just a sticking key, but it happens every day and sometines chronically, and so badly that I have to plug in an external keyboard (which works fine).

I have assertained that it is a hardware problem because it even happens at bootup, what happens when you hold down the option key at boot? That's right you see bootable disks including the recovery disk. So it's not software, the machine is faulty for sure.

The other problem is that it is intermittent and sometimes stops happening after a few hours of running, so I took a video and a screen recording with sticky keys on, so you can see this macbook air spazing out.

How am I going to get this fixed? I live in the philippines, I purchased the Macbook air direct from Apple.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:54 PM

There are no replies.

How to get New Macbook Air Keyboard fixed, in Philippines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.