Skip navigation

I want a Macbook Pro but don't want to burn my eyes out...

426 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 1:55 AM by clintonfrombirmingham RSS
scartacus Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 14, 2012 1:31 AM

I have been happily using a 2010 MBP for 2.5 years with no eyestrain and no problems. I am a writer and use the computer for 6-10 hours.

I wanted to upgrade and bought the 13.3 inch Macbook Pro. Within one day my eyes felt burnt out. My wife noticed and, without prompting , asked why my eyes were so red. I called apple,they don't have any different screens on the 13 inch macbook pro and after reading about retina burn on the new retina range I am not keen to try one of those.

What the ****'s going on here? How can Apple make a product that is so damaging? I really want to upgrade my MBP but at the expense of my eyesight...

NB I had the same problems with a LED display screen early in the year and had to send that back to.

Question -- are the Macbook Airs any less reflective/easier on the eye?

thanks

LED Cinema Display (27-inch), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.