Skip navigation

Photo Stream on Aperture making duplicates

173 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 2:43 AM by Seth Newsome RSS
Seth Newsome Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 14, 2012 2:43 AM

I've been using photo stream with Aperture and my iphone with no problems since it first came out. But suddenly this week the photo stream feature on aperture started acting strange. Now every time I open Aperture, it downloads a new copy of photos that are already listed in photo-stream. Some photos are listed as many as 8 times

Aperture PS duplicates.jpeg

Above is a screenshot from my photo stream, the copies outlined in yellow. On my iphone there are only ~1000 photos in photo stream, but on aperture there are now 8000+ photos, with more downloading every time I reopen the application. I've read about other people having trouble with edited photos duplicated on photo-stream because of Aperture''s master / version system - but ALL of my photo stream photos are being duplicated, most of them were never touched.

I recently had my macbook repaired for an airport card failure - they also wiped the drive and had to restore from a Time Machine backup, but this problem did not arise until weeks after I did the restoration. If anyone has any idea how to stop this, I would really appreciate it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.