Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 - How do I burn mp3 CDs WITH folders??

I know how to burn mp3 cds on iTunes 11, but all the mp3s are thrown into a root folder. I would like to be able to separate albums into different folders. I'm sure this is pretty simple, yet I cannot figure it out. This is for iTunes 11! Thanks. 🙂

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:32 AM

15 replies

Oct 24, 2015 1:48 PM in response to rhatchell73

To create the MP3s, first find the tunes you want to convert. You can see the format by right clicking and selecting Get Info andclicking on the File tab at the right. You'll see the format in the list.

Once you have selected all the desired non-MP3s, right click on them and select "Convert to MP3". This can take a while, depending on how many you are converting.

This is going to create duplicate files. When you lclick on the Music button at the top left you will see the duplicated files. The second version is the MP3 version. What I have done is to create a playlist for my complete MP3 collection, naming the playlist with a hyphen before the name to put it at the top of the list in the left pane. I then click on the Music button, find all the MP3s and drag them into my MP3 playlist. Afterwards I click on the playlist and check to make sure that the artist names are uniform. Sometimes the artist name may vary between albums. This is particularly true of compilation albums. For example, in some instances the artist is listed as "Allman Brothers" and in other instances it is listed as "The Allman Brothers Band". If you want to sort them by name, make sure the names are consistent.My next step is to figure out the space required and how much will fit on a CD (650 - 700 MB max). If it will take, say, three CDs, I duplicate the play list twice, adding " Pt. 1", Pt. 2", etc., to the name of the playlist. I then delete the latter two-thirds of the tunes from the first playlist, the first and last thirds from the second list and the first two-thirds from the third list. (Again, this is just an example. You will need to figure out the space you need.)

Now I select the desired playlist, click on "Songs" at the top right, click on the Show drop-down list and then choose my desired sort option from the Sort item in the Show drop-down menu. Then I burn the CD. I do this for each playlist / CD.

Fortunately, my car came with a 6 disc changer. I can then load it up with 6 CDs full of MP3s, thereby making hundreds of songs available without having to connect my phone to the system. Unfortunately, while I have Bluetooth phone set up with steering wheel controls, my system does not have a Bluetooth radio. Also, not all Bluetooth radios support steering wheel controls. This pile-o-CDs system is my solution.

iTunes 11 - How do I burn mp3 CDs WITH folders??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.