Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publish a generator

I am trying to create a template in Motion to send to FCPX. However, I am not able to get it to publish to FCPX. Every time I mark the box "Publish as Final Cut Generator", the "Publish" button is greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:37 AM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2012 8:49 AM in response to kahlua021997

FYI, I am putting a drop zone on the motion project. (I am trying to create credits, having the name show up and probably a still, but possibly video of the cast member of a musical). I don't want to redo this for each cast member, so was hoping to use a template/generator. I used a composition to start with. I wanted to build off that rather than start from scratch. Maybe that is what I did wrong. But, how do I start with that and work it to be a generator in FCPX?

Dec 14, 2012 5:35 PM in response to kahlua021997

I am using Motion 5.0.6. I created a project from the Atmospheric-0pen composition and added a Drop Zone. Then under file menu, I selected publish template and in the dialog window checked publish as final cut generator. The publish button was alive ok and the generator publishes ok. I can only suggest you trash your com.apple.motionapp.plist and com.apple.motionapp.LSSSharedFileList.plist in user library>preferences and see if that helps.

Publish a generator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.